Photo

Do you still use realistic or bumpy greens

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Realistic or bumpy greens (85 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you still using realistic or bumpy greens

1. Yes, quite often (51 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. Used to but not anymore (23 votes [27.06%])

Percentage of vote: 27.06%

3. Never used it and never will (11 votes [12.94%])

Percentage of vote: 12.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:11 PM

Poppycock.

Though I use a mouse rather than a club my approach to JNPG is the same as a round on a real course.  The same thought process is used determining the effect of lie, wind, elevation, fairway/green hardness, positioning, approach angle and green contours on where to aim, shot type, club selection and how hard to swing.  Before swinging the mouse I do the same "settling routine" and have my mouse settings such that the tempo of the swing with the mouse actually "feels" like my real swing.  From my perspective those who play "just a golf game" have missed the true brilliance of JNPG.  I don't play a golf game, I golf on a computer.

Poppycock! LOL!  You are convinced.  I play a golf game same as you.  Nothing more or nothing less.   Use a JNPG mouse rhythm next time you play real golf.  :) 

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#42 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:41 PM

Poppycock! LOL!  You are convinced.  I play a golf game same as you.  Nothing more or nothing less.   Use a JNPG mouse rhythm next time you play real golf.  :)

I already do!   :lol:

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#43 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:47 AM

Not much to add to what other RTSM'ers have posted here. Just that, like in real life, a lot can go wrong in executing the shot. Pre-shot routines are all in place, everything is ready to go, you've put your focus in making a good swing, you've banned the negative's out of your mind, like the water or trees or whatever, and then you hit the 'GO!' button in your head. And sometimes ... it goes wrong! :wacko: :angry: :D You push or hook or thin it or whatever it was, you did not execute. You screwed up. You did everything right, and still, you screwed up. And the feeling after the fact is the same as i.r.l: frustration, anger, desperation and ... hope. Of doing better next time. Any game that can tap in on those emotions has succeeded in my little book. This is a stellar simulation and I'm hooked for life.

• JoeF and frank70 like this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users